This kit provides an easy, fast, and water-saving way
to water a 10 gallon fabric pot. No timers, batteries, or electricity
required! This system utilizes a Blumat carrot (sensor) to automatically water and monitor the
moisture levels in your garden soil. It also uses a Maxi long (9") carrot in order to water the soil at a lower depth. The mid-range kit also includes distribution drippers to be attached to the 5" sensor in order to evenly spread out the moisture for your top layer of soil. This insures a more even distribution of moisture throughout the pot.
Water source needs to be above the
garden for a gravity system. For a pressure system running off a faucet or garden hose, simply add a
Blumat Pressure Reducer.
This Kit Includes:
- 1 Blumat Sensor (5")
- 1 Blumat Maxi-Long Sensor (9")
- 2 Distribution Drippers (in-line)
- 1 Distribution Dripper End-Piece
- 3 Universal Hold-Up Stakes (for distribution drippers)
- 1' 3mm Drip Tubing (to integrate blumat and drippers)
What You Might Need (Not included in kit):
- Connection to your water source (either thru-hull bulkhead fitting for gravity systems, a pressure reducer, or a Blumat pump for larger systems)
- 8mm Supply tube to connect your water source to your Blumats
- Additional Hold-Down stakes or 3mm tubing
- Fittings (tee's, elbows, couplers, etc...)
How it works
Tropf Blumat self-watering system functions automatically. As the soil
dries, a vacuum and hydro-static pressure, coupled with a spring-loaded
gating mechanism, pulls water from the main line. When your soil is
sufficiently moist, pressures equalize, and the Tropf Blumat
automatically stops water flow. Essentially, water will seep through
your BluSoak hose only when your plants need it, thanks to Blumat
technology. For a gravity-fed system, you'll need a reservoir. See 5-gallon Reservoirs below, sold with or without thru-hulls
installed. Let us know if we can help you select the right products for
your custom irrigation system!
Need a reservoir? Link to product page here.
*Note: If ordering more than a quantity of two, we will pack together a sample kit with the contents of the kit, but the rest will come in bulk packaging (we do this in order to ship items out in time, rather than to delay shipments). You may special request for all items to be packaged independently , but extra costs may apply.