This is a basic kit specifically designed for home
gardens roughly 12' by 12'. This system utilizes a Blumat carrot to monitor the
moisture levels in your garden soil. BluSoak tape allows for even water
distribution. When coupled together with a Blumat carrot, this kit only
waters your veggies when they need it, which promotes exponential growth
and impressive yields.
This Kit Includes:
- 1 Blumat carrot (5")
- 140 feet of BluSoak soaker hose
- 1 Soaker hose fitting (to 3mm Blumat barb)
- 1 Distribution Dripper
- 1 DD Hold-Up Stake
- 1 end plug
How it works
Tropf Blumat self-watering system functions automatically. As the soil
dries, a vacuum and hydro-static pressure, coupled with a spring-loaded
gating mechanism, pulls water from the main line. When your soil is
sufficiently moist, pressures equalize, and the Tropf Blumat
automatically stops water flow. Essentially, water will seep through
your BluSoak hose only when your plants need it, thanks to Blumat
technology. For a gravity-fed system, you'll need a reservoir. See 5-gallon Reservoirs below, sold with or without thru-hulls
installed. Let us know if we can help you select the right products for
your custom irrigation system!
What You Might Need (Not included in kit):
- Connection to your water source (either thru-hull bulkhead fittings for gravity systems, a pressure reducer, or a Blumat pump for larger systems)
- 8mm Supply tube to connect your water source to your Blumats
- Additional Hold-Down stakes or 3mm tubing
- Fittings (tee's, elbows, couplers, etc...) for your custom system
Need a reservoir? Link to product page here.
*Note: If ordering more than a quantity of two, we will pack together a sample kit with the contents of the kit, but the rest will come in bulk packaging (we do this in order to ship items out in time, rather than to delay shipments). You may special request for all items to be packaged independently , but extra costs may apply.