BluSoak 4' x 8' Raised Bed Kit - Economy
This kit provides an easy, fast, and water-saving way to water a 4' by 8' bed, either raised or in your garden. No timers, batteries, or electricity required! This system utilizes a Blumat carrot (sensor) to automatically water and monitor the moisture levels in your garden soil. BluSoak tape allows for even water distribution throughout. When coupled together with Blumat carrots, BluSoak hose only delivers water to your veggies when they need it, which promotes exponential growth and impressive yields. You can also leave your BluSoak tape under your garden all winter, no problem. Water source needs to be 6-10' above the garden for a gravity system. For a pressure system running off a faucet or garden hose, simply add a Blumat Pressure Reducer.
This Kit Includes
- 1x BluSoak Tape Fitting w/ 5" Sensor Carrot Set (1 carrot, 1 dripper, blusoak tape to 3mm fitting, 8x3x8 Tee, all connected w/ 3mm)
- 32' BluSoak 2.0 Drip Tape
- 1 BluSoak End Plug
What You Might Need (Not included in kit):
- Connection to your water source (either thru-hull bulkhead fitting for gravity systems, a pressure reducer, or a Blumat pump for larger systems)
- 8mm Supply tube to connect your water source to your Blumats
- Additional Hold-Down stakes or 3mm tubing
- Fittings (tee's, elbows, couplers, etc...)
How it works
The Tropf Blumat self-watering system functions automatically. As the soil dries, a vacuum and hydro-static pressure, coupled with a spring-loaded gating mechanism, pulls water from the main line. When your soil is sufficiently moist, pressures equalize, and the Tropf Blumat automatically stops water flow. Essentially, water will seep through your BluSoak hose only when your plants need it, thanks to Blumat technology. For a gravity-fed system, you'll need a reservoir. See 5-gallon Reservoirs below, sold with or without thru-hulls installed. Let us know if we can help you select the right products for your custom irrigation system!
Need a reservoir? Link to product page here
Want more information?Link to Grassroots Raised Bed Guide here