Blumat Classic (jr) Watering Stake - Single Unit
Take a vacation and let your plants look after themselves. Blumat Plant Savers ensure a constant supply of water. They automatically supply just the right amount - never too much or not enough. Your plants will love it. They won't experience the drying out that stunts growth or the over-watering that squeezes the air out of the soil and keeps them from "breathing" properly.
As the soil dries, the ceramic cone delivers water gradually into the surrounding earth - thereby creating a vacuum within the cone which draws water from the nearby container of water. Once the soil is moistened the Blumat Junior will cease flowing water. It waters your plants only as needed.
You can even add fertilizer to the water supply. This slow, continual feeding encourages prolific growth.
Blumat Juniors will only draw water up 12 inches (30cm). If the surface of the water in your container is lower than this, the flow of water will be restricted and the plants gradually dry out.
Each Blumat Jr. has a limit on how fast it can deliver water. Several cones may be necessary for larger plants in order to meet the higher water needs. In this case, a larger reservoir of water must also be available.
1. Fill a bowl with water. Remove the top of the Blumat Jr. Put both the top and ceramic cone into the bowl to soak for at least 15 minutes.
2. Holding the cone and cap underwater, knock out the air bubbles in each piece and press the top on tightly.
3. Push the ceramic cone completely into the soil. Extra large plants should be provided with two or three cones.
4. Put the hose right to the bottom of a full container of water. Add a little liquid fertilizer if necessary.
5. The level of water in the container should be level with or below the green cap. Raising or lowering the water container increases or reduces the flow rate.
Once a year, place the hose in hot water. Clean the inside of the ceramic cone with a brush and the outside with sandpaper or a pot scrubber type pad.
If you intend to be away from home for any length of time, ensure that the water container is large enough. Depending on type, size and season, a plant will require 1/4 to 1 litre (1 qt.) of water weekly.
Delivery of water to the soil in the flower pots is automatic. If you do not refill the water container the Blumat Jr. will dry out. To restore the function, the Blumat Jr. must be refilled. (Follow steps 1-5).