Blumat 10 Gallon Fabric Pot Kit - Deluxe
This kit provides an easy, fast, and water-saving way to water a 10 gallon fabric pot. No timers, batteries, or electricity required! This system utilizes a Blumat carrot (sensor) to automatically water and monitor the moisture levels in your garden soil. It also uses a Maxi long (9") carrot in order to water the soil at a lower depth. The deluxe kit also includes additional distribution drippers to be attached to the 5" sensor in order to evenly spread out the moisture for your top layer of soil. This insures a more even distribution of moisture throughout the pot. Also includes quick-connect on/off valves to be able to turn off water going to the sensors, giving you even more control and allow for quick disconnection!
Water source needs to be above the garden for a gravity system. For a pressure system running off a faucet or garden hose, simply add a Blumat Pressure Reducer.
This Kit Includes:
- 1 Blumat Sensor (5")
- 1 Blumat Maxi-Long Sensor (9")
- 3 Distribution Drippers (in-line)
- 1 Distribution Dripper End-Piece
- 4 Universal Hold-Up Stakes (for distribution drippers)
- 2 Quick Connect On/Off Valves 3mm on both ends
- 1' 3mm Silicone Drip Tubing (to integrate blumat carrots and distribution drippers)
What You Might Need (Not included in kit):
- Connection to your water source (either thru-hull bulkhead fitting for gravity systems, a pressure reducer, or a Blumat pump for larger systems)
- 8mm Supply tube to connect your water source to your Blumats- Additional Hold
-Down stakes or 3mm tubing
- Fittings (tee's, elbows, couplers, etc...)
How it works
The Tropf Blumat self-watering system functions automatically. As the soil dries, a vacuum and hydro-static pressure, coupled with a spring-loaded gating mechanism, pulls water from the main line. When your soil is sufficiently moist, pressures equalize, and the Tropf Blumat automatically stops water flow. Essentially, water will seep through your Blumat hose only when your plants need it, thanks to Blumat technology. For a gravity-fed system, you'll need a reservoir. See 5-gallon Reservoirs below, sold with or without thru-hulls installed. Let us know if we can help you select the right products for your custom irrigation system!
Need a reservoir? Link to product page here.