3' x 6' Tropf Raise Bed Tropf Deluxe kit
This kit provides an easy, fast, and water-saving way to water a 3' by 6' bed, either raised or in your garden. No timers, batteries, or electricity required! This system utilizes a Blumat carrot (sensor) to automatically water and monitor the moisture levels in your garden soil. When coupled together with Blumat distribution drippers, they provide even watering for veggies only when they need it, which promotes exponential growth and impressive yields. . Water source needs to be 6-10' above the garden for a gravity system. For a pressure system running off a faucet or garden hose, simply add a Blumat Pressure Reducer.
This Kit Includes:
- 6x 5" Blumat Tropf Carrot Sensors
- 18x Distribution Drippers
- 6x Distribution Dripper End Pieces
- 24x Distribution Dripper Stakes
- 18' 3mm Drip Tube Tubing
- 2x Blumat 8mm Tee
- 20' 8mm Superflex Water Supply Tubing
- 2x Shut-off/Air Purge Valve
What You Might Need (Not included in kit):
- Connection to your water source (either thru-hull bulkhead fitting for gravity systems, a pressure reducer, or a Blumat pump for larger systems)
- 8mm Supply tube to connect your water source to your Blumats
- Additional Hold-Down stakes or 3mm tubing
- Fittings (tee's, elbows, couplers, etc.)
How it works
The Tropf Blumat self-watering system functions automatically. As the soil dries, a vacuum and hydro-static pressure, coupled with a spring-loaded gating mechanism, pulls water from the main line. When your soil is sufficiently moist, pressures equalize, and the Tropf Blumat automatically stops water flow. For a gravity-fed system, you'll need a reservoir. See 5-gallon Reservoirs below, sold with or without thru-hulls installed. Let us know if we can help you select the right products for your custom irrigation system!
Need a reservoir? Link to product page here.